Party Wall Act 1996 applies to builds that include:

  • Work on an existing wall shared with another property
  • Building on the boundary with a neighbouring property
  • Excavating for foundations near a neighbouring property

If any of these factors apply, you must give notice to your neighbours before you commence your build. A Party Wall Surveyor may need to be instructed to oversee the agreement. Please feel free to discuss with the Fluent team.